Wednesday, June 16, 2010

How is that stuck on there?

It's no secret that part of Camping Like A Girl is decorating your trailer!

You'll see below 3 ways I hang things inside my trailer.

If you know other secrets to hang things please leave me a comment.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I found a set of 8 vintage hand embroidered cocktail napkins that matched my trailer "Vamonos" theme. Cost $5 Wow what a treasure.



You can see I hung them across cabinets using plain twine and small craft size clothespins




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This skirt that went around the booth and the bed in my trailer was really a bunch of individual pieces of fabric. I took each piece and gathered it at one side and instead of sewing it I used a piece of blue painters tape to hold the gather and then tucked each piece in slight overlapping each other. This way I can change it or use the fabric for something else if want to... or I could break down and still sew a real dust ruffle with it




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In this picture I wanted you to see my bandanna squares that I hung on my cabinets 3 months ago and they are still there. I used small rolled up piece of painter's blue tape so it would come off very easy and not damage the cabinet. I never dreamed it would hold this long. The bandanna squares are art paper found in the craft department at Walmart. Very inexpensive.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I learned so much from my friend Anne about decorating a trailer. Her trailer is Maxine and it is adorable. (I added her picture with her trailer MAXINE on the side panel of this page) One thing she told me about hanging things up is to use Velcro. Not just the wimpy stuff either. Some things need the commercial grade that is available at Walmart or any home improvement store.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Its important to remember if your trailer has carpeted walls only use the stiff side of Velcro on the back of what you want to hang. The carpeted wall will act as the fuzzy side and it really hangs on tight!


No comments:

Post a Comment